In 1926 Percy Rolfe Sargood and his wife Lucy bought the building and donated it to the Dunedin City Council where it became the Dunedin Public Art Gallery. The gallery remained there until it was moved to it's current location in the Octagon in 1989. The building was brought back to life in 2012 and now houses Sport Otago and Otago Polytech.
Architect: Ian Butcher
Client: Dunedin City Council